Jun 22, 2017

Coloring On The Go Pencil Pouch


I treated myself to a tiny little craft purchase a couple of weeks ago that just downright makes me happy!  I have sewn one of these before for my paint brushes, and was thinking about doing another for my pencils.  I googled it and came across this pencil holder wrap for less than $5 with free shipping.  You can find it HERE on eBay.  I am really enjoying coloring a little each week and have already gotten a little better at it.  It is so nice to see all of my colors laid out.  (My poor table is covered in paint splatters... ROTFL!  But I did rearrange my things and am loving it!)


When I received several of my mom's Prismacolor pencils, I decided I would dig through my collection and pull out my "good" pencils.  I had been keeping them in a baggie, but that was noisy and because they are all different heights, it was hard to find the right one without dumping the whole bag out each time.  Plus, I wanted to be able to color in the car on our trip to FL.  This really worked well!  Here are some WIP photos of my coloring.


One of my mom's most beautiful Penny Black stamps, colored softly in my lap in the car.  I stamped in Antique Linen for a no line effect.


A Power Poppy image, just waiting to be turned into a card.  I colored this in low light while my girls slept in the hotel room, and when I turned on the light - I'm like YIKES!  LOL!   Maybe a little messier than I was going for...


It's hard for me to color without wanting to grunge my project up.  For this month's Power Poppy challenge, I created this card with a Distress Ink watercolor resist background, then used colored pencils to go in and add different colors to the petals of the various flowers.  What a funky background!


I decided to try the inlaid die technique, and have to say I don't know how these CAS girls do it!  I must not have mounted my border on straight, because the inlay didn't fit perfectly.  :(  I stamped a herringbone background and cut with a Tim Holtz label and mounted a TH butterfly die over the label.  The sentiment is part of a coffee cup stamp, but I had cut it off and mounted it to the side of that stamp to make it more versatile.  A second cut of vellum helps the butterfly stand out more.  Not my best card ever, but it was fun to try something out of my element.

So what has you excited on the market and what are you buying or saving for this week?  And are you trying any new techniques or different styles just for the heck of it?   Do share!  >>> big hugs to you <<<


See you tomorrow for the start of the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!  :)

I'm sharing my card with:

24 comments:

Macimbalo said...

So many beautiful colors! Love your card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

Darlene said...

WOW! Good for you ... that pencil wrap is perfect! I don't know how you can color so beautifully while in the car ... mine would be a mess! LOL
Your creations is so pretty ... love the colors and that butterfly is gorgeous along with that sweet sentiment! Well done! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Use Your Imagination’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Dortesjs said...

Whooo love this, great colours ;O)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Gorgeous card, Autumn. I splurged on a pretty pencil wrap a while ago, now I just need to splurge on finding time to color! LOL Right now, I'm pretty excited about some new Verve coffee/tea stamps releasing in July! :)

SewPaperPaint said...

Shut the front door - new Verve coffee stamps!!! Oh be still my crafty heart. Can't wait Julee! <3 I've never colored much because I think it is so time consuming, but my plan is to color when I'm watching a movie or riding in the car.

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic pencil wrap, beautiful colouring and the card is just gorgeous!
Happy weekend ahead!

Creaine said...

very nice. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts.
Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Lisa said...

Your coloring is absolutely amazing, Autumn!! Those flowers are stunning!! And wow!! I love, love the card!! The colors are spectacular!! These are so gorgeous, my friend!! And what a beautiful pencil wrap, too!! I'm headed over to check it out!! I hope you have a wonderful evening, my dear friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love that Pencil Pouch Autumn, I'm sure your pencils are very Happy in their new home now. You most certainly need to keep up with the colouring your a natural. Love those delicate strokes.. Big Hugs Tracey xx

ChristineCreations said...

Wow, I can’t wait to see how those gerberas come into a card...gorgeous colouring on them! It has a lot of great fluid movement. Such a pretty butterfly design too! The resist background is really paired beautifully with it! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

missgailly said...

Loving all the projects you've shared. Great colouring on all of them. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

sarascloset said...

Autumn, your coloring is just GORGEOUS, and I've seen some of your artwork hand colored in person, so I know it is primo! Certainly a talent you should persue, because you have a natural flair for blending your colors to make these stamps come ALIVE!

Your card is beautiful and filled with techniques I so want to try! Thank you for the amazing inspiration, my friend! Hugs!

Cool pencil bag! I just picked up a small set of these pencils at a sale, and can't wait to use them! Not enough for a pencil bag yet, though!

Heather said...

I think your card turned out beautifully! Thanks for playing along with UYS

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous card. thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene DT

Mimi said...

How fun!

Marty F said...

You do an amazing job coloring, Autumn, and it certainly wasn't messy looking! I'm totally impressed you can color while in the car!! Love your cool and colorful Power Poppy card - so fun :-) That pencil pouch was a great find, too. Hugs!!

Jackie PN said...

What a cool lil pouch- I want one too!
Your flowers are Gorgeous! You colored these in the car? I am impressed! Both with your coloring and your smooth riding car! lol
hugs and happy Sunday! xo

Susan said...

You enabler! Just ordered that pouch - needed something for pencils and this price was right! Thanks

Mimi said...

And derrr... thanks for sharing the butterfly beauty with SOS😍

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Autumn - love your funky background, and the great save :-)!! I love pencil colouring, and I think I may have to make or invest in a pouch too.
Blessings
Maxine

Helen Wallace said...

Oh, I love the pencil wrap, I'm going to make one for my crochet hooks - just the thing to keep them in order. Your colouring looks wonderful to me; it's not something I'm good at, but I'm keen to learn. Love the idea, that you can craft anywhere and anytime, if you set your mind to it!

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous delicate colouring on those intricate flower stamps - and I love how your pencils look in their fab new storage case.
Alison x

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty, wonderful coloring. Thanks for playing in our June Bug challenge at Power Poppy!

samanthadesigns said...

The funky background works....love the card!

Popular Posts