Feb 10, 2017

Burlap Butterfly Panel with Tim Holtz Sizzix Die Cuts for Creativation 2017


I'm still working my way through sharing my Creativation 2017 samples, which I made for Tim Holtz and his Sizzix line.  I was just delighted to have the opportunity to work with the new Small Detailed Butterflies dies.  These are absolutely STUNNING!  I am really amazed with the life-likeness of the design and love that the set includes a solid backing.  I didn't use it here, but did use it for THIS project for Simon Says Stamp and in my other Creativation project HERE.


We were encouraged to make small projects for the show, given the limited space for display.  I created a hefty little burlap covered board using Tim's Textured Surfaces, which are strongly adhesive surfaces, including burlap, cork, and corrugated board.  I cut a heavy piece of chipboard to size, then wrapped it with the adhesive burlap.  Next, I glued on another piece of heavy chipboard over the burlap, then covered with Tim's Correspondence paper stash.  This created a really hefty surface, with lots of dimension.  



I have tried many ways of altering these dies, this time I cut from chipboard, then used Distress Crayons to color.  It's not quite as textured as my rusty butterflies, but I love it!


More flowers with the new Small Tattered Florals set.  I cut from the same paper pack and inked.  I love the printed text showing through the ink.  :)  The red label is from the Christmas paper stash, stamped with a favorite sentiment.


I just adore Tim's Hex Fasteners.  What a cool shape!  I used a variety of other Tim Holtz dies to build this composition.  The branch is included in the Small Tattered Florals set.  I added some Walnut Stain embossing powder for texture.  I hope you are inspired today!  Thank you for your visit and support.


20 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful project Autumn!

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely gorgeous, a wonderful project. Hugs, Valerie

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous design, love your art :) Cheers xx

Lisa said...

Wow, this one may be my favorite, yet!! I absolutely love, love it, Autumn!! The texture and layers are amazing!! I love the gorgeous butterfly and the flowers...every single is perfection!! Wow!! Stunning project, my friend!! It's spectacular!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Kobular said...

Stunning project!

Mac Mable said...

I am always inspired with your fabulous creations. Today's is no exception. Loving all your elements, the gorgeous colours and your attention to detail. Yes the hexagon fastenings are so cute x

Redanne said...

You are so right about the butterfly die, it really does look realistic and your panel is gorgeous. The flowers are stunning, thanks to seeing you use them ... mine should be arriving tomorrow - can't wait! Hugs, Anne xx

Vintagehandmade said...

Wow, I love every single detail of this stunner, Autumn! That butterfly die is really gorgeous as well as the flowers! Fabulous textures and layering! I am so inspired and so impressed, my friend! Big hugs! Branka xx

Anonymous said...

une superbe mise en valeur pour ce magnifique papillon l' ensemble me plait beaucoup à bientot nate

Ellie Knol said...

You lucky girl! It's gorgeous!

Darlene said...

WOW! This is just gorgeous Autumn!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous creation and texture love the beautiful butterfly,gorgeous shabby bow and layers
Carol x

Helen Wallace said...

A delightful small project with the hessian and the butterfly. Love the pops of rust on the piece and beautifully photographed too.

Marty F said...

This is stunning, Autumn! Love how you colored those butterflies! You have such a beautiful way of putting several elements together in all of your projects. Love this! Hugs :-)

Paper Profusion said...

Gosh Autumn, you really rose to the challenge fantastically with all these makes for Creativation! This one is another beauty! Nicola x

Denise van Deventer said...

Looove the earthy colours and the butterfly is gorgeous! Super design and love all the bits! ;-)

Petra Swart said...

The delicate butterfly looks simply fabulous, Autumn!!!! Such a wonderful and beautiful project!!!!!
Hugz

pearshapedcrafting said...

Beautiful combination of colour and textures! Hugs, Chrisx

Words and Pictures said...

This is just scrumptious - love that filigree butterfly hovering over all the dimensional texture - stunning work for the booth.
Alison x

sarascloset said...

Oh, for Pete's sake, Autumn! Am I really going to say this again?! ANOTHER favorite of mine! This time you have hit the ball out of the park with your coloring! Rich, rich, RICH! Amazing creative canvas and I adore every single detail! I am sure this was a huge hit at Tim's CHA booth! Sending more hugs!

Popular Posts