Dec 30, 2017

2017 Highlights


I am so pleased to have shared 2017 with my amazing blog buddies!  I truly appreciate the support and comments from each of you.  I've enjoyed visiting your blogs and seeing your amazing ideas and inspiration.  As this year has been quite a whirlwind for me, I thought it would be fun to take some time to look back and share some of my favorite projects with you again.


2017 started with a hustle to finish my projects for Tim Holtz for Creativation 2017.  We were having quite the financial struggle through Christmas and I could not buy anything to use for my projects - yikes!  Nevertheless, I managed to finish five or six projects using the beautiful new dies.  I was so happy to see several of my projects photographed professionally and uploaded to the Sizzix inspiration board on Scrapbook.com.  Check out each of my Creativation posts HERE.


Of course, at the same time my Creativation projects were due, SSS offered me a guest designer spot for the month of January.  :)  I had the pleasure of designing alongside some of the best talent in the industry.  The above Scrabble panel was my favorite of those projects and the lot can be found HERE


I continued to design for the spectacular Rachel Greig of Darkroom Door and created some of my favorite journal work ever through my contributions to the Darkroom Door blog.  I am ever so grateful for this opportunity and look forward to continuing to showcase these amazing stamps.  See my Darkroom Door projects HERE.


My biggest joys of the year were getting to meet a couple of my favorite bloggers face to face!  I was able to hand deliver THIS canvas to Marty Fishman of Merry Marty's Cards on our first visit.  Later in the year we were able to visit again and I hope to make this a habit!  Love ya Marty & Gail!  <3

I was also able to meet up with Sara Emily of Sara's Closet in June.  Though we were both in paint clothes and too gidy to even think of taking selfies, I truly cherish this memory.  Can't wait to see you in 2018 Sara Emily!!!  <3


This year I fulfilled my second year term with Stamps and Stencils and though I have stepped away from the DT for now, it was one of the most amazing experiences to create with abandon alongside these talented ladies!  Find this tag post HERE.


Though I only served for six months, it was amazing to work with the talented DT at Scrapy Land.  These ladies are so talented and kindhearted and I truly appreciate Anne and each DT member's friendship and support.  My favorite project was this card, which you can find HERE.


My second favorite would have to be THIS card with the newly released Distress Oxides, which I picked up at our local stamp convention.  Wouldn't you say DOXs are the product of the year for 2017?


I finished a year long stint with Tutti Designs, which means I have made 52 cards using their dies!  WOAH!  THIS card was one of my absolute favorites.  


In May I was invited to join the A Vintage Journey team and am still on cloud 9!  Being a part of this team was secretly one of my biggest dreams and I am so thankful for these wonderful ladies and their commitment to blogland!  THIS That's Crafty house assemblage was my favorite project of the year, but you can see my other designs HERE.


In June I finished a year long term with IndigoBlu.  This teeny journal is a favorite and can be found HERE.


Don't get me wrong, I would never have managed all of these things without God's favor and blessings!  There was a lot of coffee drinking - and coffee crafting along the way!  THIS card was my favorite project from this year's Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.  


Then in June - oh happy day!  The amazing Linda of The Funkie Junkie asked me to come aboard the Frilly & Funkie Design Team!  I continue to have the time of my life designing for F&F, but THIS first project is most memorable.  


In September (pinch me) I posted my first projects for PaperArtsy.  Working with PaperArtsy was my biggest and wildest dream and I shall grow old and grey while creating with these beautiful images, of which Lynne Perrella's designs will always be a favorite.  Check out my PaperArtsy projects HERE.


I'm honored to have some of my contributions featured in the Year in Review posts at PaperArtsy, so please visit and see these very fun posts.  What inspiration!  THIS framed panel was a favorite entry in the 2017 topic challenges.  


September also came along with a new passion and blog, my very own Mini Album Makers Challenge!  My first project, a handmade journal, featured another of 2017's product of the year, the Eileen Hull Scoreboard Travelers Journal die.  I made THIS one with Seth Apter products.  


THIS Prima Wild and Free album is my favorite from the year.  Oh how I love Prima Marketing papers!!!  <3  


My one little word for 2018 is "savor" as I am determined to take a slower pace and enjoy the smallest of moments and situations.  I pray I will be more thankful, more generous, and more intentional than ever.  My prayer for you is this...



"Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen."
Jude 24-25 KJV

27 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Thank you for sharing these amazing posts Autumn. And thank you also for those wonderful, scriptural blessings - they mean a lot to me. My intention and 'word' for 2018 is prayer - to grow in, and be more disciplined in, prayer, and 'do' more of it!
Blessings
Maxine

Nikki Acton said...

Wow what a year, don't know how you fit it all in! Wonderful projects Autumn, look forward to seeing more in 2018 xx

LilArtsyWoman said...

WOW! What a beautiful selection of your fantastic work.

Mimi said...

Autumn, this was so much fun to review your year with you... I am on inspiration-overload! Every time I scrolled to see another project, I was like, "Oh yeah, that's my fave..." then I'd see the next one and go, "Oh, wait... Forgot about that one!..." And... you're kind of a big deal! 😀 Your commitment to crafting continues to pay off, and the citizens of Blogland are benefiting from the light you shine! All my best for 2018.

Art By Wanda said...

A wonderful post, Autumn!!! What a blessed, busy year you've had!!! I'm so happy to have "virtually" met you and hopefully one day we will meet in person!! God Bless You!!! ((Hugs))

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow Autum, what a whirlwind of a year! So much to see and admire, each of these projects is a treasure in its own right, and there is no way I could pick a favorite!

I am so happy our paths have crossed albeit only virtually so far and just hope that one day we can meet in person.... Here's to another year of creativity, I can't wait to see what you will come up with!

Janice Rosenthal Rock said...

LOVE your creativity, Autumn . . .you're one of a very few favs I subscribe to!! THANK YOU!!!

Dorthe said...

Oh, what a year you have had, Autumn- and so many amazing creations, you have made, to joy for me and so many others. All these examples are gorgeous, and I am sure you are so very treasured around in the different DT `s .
Blessings for a 2018 ,filled with peaceful joy, and many very happy hours, to you. Hugs, Dorthe

scrappallino said...

Dear Autumn, I'm really enjoying your incredible artistic year and your amazing projects
I am grateful for the prayer you have given us.
Best wishes for a new year full of love, health, serenity and lots of creativity!
A big hug
Stefi

Redanne said...

Autumn, it is ALWAYS a pleasure to visit to see your fabulous creations and to see them again is an extra bonus!! Wishing you all the very best for a wonderful New Year my friend! Hugs, Anne xx

Beulah Bee said...

It was a pleasure reading about your busy year and your enthusiasm for creativity is truly inspiring. God bless.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Truly beautiful Autumn and a continued inspiration to me as this past year has flown by so quickly. I have loved each and everyone of your creations as I know there is always a little piece of you within each and everyone.
I look forward to the new year ahead, following your creativity albeit a quieter one and Thank you for all the support and encouragement you have given me.
It's a blessing to know you... Big Hugs Tracey xx

Esther Asbury said...

So fun reading about your year and viewing these gorgeous projects again! You are one talented lady, and I'm happy our blogging paths crossed!
Here's to an even better year in 2018!

brenda said...

Just popping in to wish you a Happy, Healthy and Crafty New Year and thank you for your friendship and encouragement.

B x

Linda Kunsman said...

thank you for sharing all of your stunning creations with us all! You certainly are one very busy woman- I don't know how you manage. Best wishes for a happy, healthy new year!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

I am new to your blog, so I really appreciate the 2017 review. Girl you got some mad talent!
I also appreciate the inspirational message and verse and the end. Blessings to you in 2018.

Heather McMahon said...

Oh wow - what an amazing collection of work! They're all fabulous but I think the Sea You and the handmade album are my faves. Wishing you a crafty 2018!

Marty F said...

Autumn, what a great post highlighting 2017! I remember each and every one of these gorgeous projects and it was so fun seeing them again with a little write-up of what was going on during the year. I look forward to more inspiration and beautiful projects from you in 2018 - hopefully at a slower pace as you have planned. Thank you for the mention and for that beautiful gift, my friend, that graces my craft room - love ya, too! Happy New Year!!

nwilliams6 said...

So glad I stopped by, Autumn. What a delight to see your favorite creations. Each one is outstanding with its dimension, details, and use of color. I am such a big fan of your work. Hope you get to Savor a lot more this year. Happy New year!!!!!

maj. said...

Happy New Year!!!

Susan said...

Loved seeing these highlights, some of which I might have missed. Great work!

Connie Mercer said...

You are a jewel. You make beautiful things and your heart is amazing. Praying the same prayer back to you.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

All your work deserves to be highlights, Autumn! Honestly, I couldn't choose a favourite - they're all fantastic and each of them is unique in their own right! I can't wait to see what you come up with in 2018! Just imagine all those beautiful projects yet to be created! Here's to a creative 2018!

Denise van Deventer said...

Wow...amazing projects and your work is truly an inspiration! Popping over to your blog is always such a treat for the soul! ;-)

Jackie PN said...

An outstanding and brilliant year of creativity and gorgeous artwork Autumn!
Thank you so much for re-sharing with us!
Jackie xo

sarascloset said...

Autumn, I have been a bad blogger and friend! I've missed so much of your creativity this year, so I am delighted you have shared these favorites and milestones with us here. I WILL eventually get around to seeing EVERYTHING you've made. What a fabulous wrap up of your year--what a year it has been for you! I am so blessed to be counted as one of your friends! And what a blessing to have met you in person and get to spend a few precious crafty hours with you. These are some of my most precious memories of this year--truly!

I loved reading your post, and your selection of 'Savor' as your word for 2018! I had to laugh, because as always we are kindred spirits in some ways we think. The first word that came to mind when I saw Suzz's challenge was Intention, because I want to live this year with intention. But having already used that one my junk canvas post, I went with choice #3 (forget #2; it was kinda silly) Big hugs to you, my friend! You are such an inspiration to so many!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Autumn! What an amazing year 2017 was for you...and thank you for sharing it with us! Your artwork is amazing, and I praise God for how He has gifted you both in your artistic ability and your willingness to share your faith. I wish you a beautiful year and look forward to all you will share with us!! Much love and hugs! xoxo

Popular Posts