Dec 27, 2017

12 Tags of Christmas Mittens and Embossed Tree


It's a two for one post today, because time is getting away with me!  I trust you each had a very merry Christmas.  We certainly did!  My first project today is my number 11 tag inspired by Linda of The Funkie Junkie's brilliant tag HERE.


I was so lucky to get to use my friend Bonnie's new stencil for this one.  I made the background with Iced Spruce Distress Oxide and Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink.  I inked through the stencil with Chipped Sapphire DI and clear embossed.


My favorite part of Linda's tag was the mittens, so I used this tiny cheapy die and punched snowflakes from the centers.  I used DecoArt Snow-Tex over the white and layered over a second cut of navy.  I don't have any Distress markers, but I tapped my pads onto my surface and used a watercolor brush to dye my seam binding to get this two-toned effect.  :)


I had this crackled snowflake in my leftover pile and added some Snow-Tex to the center to make my words pop.  I piece-milled the words from several Quote Chips and inked with Cracked Pistachio DOX.



For my final tag, I was inspired by the amazing use of vintage imagery in Linda's tag 12.  I had this handmade chipboard embellishment leftover from my canvas project I posted HERE.


I layered it over a background using a new stencil from my friend Madelyn.  First I lightly scraped DecoArt crackle paste over my tag, then used texture paste for the stenciling.  I inked with Antique Linen DOX and Frayed Burlap DI.


The crackle provided a beautiful resist.  I embossed the edges with Stampendous Frantage and embossed a chipboard tree as well.



I added the mixed media thinlet, inked with Festive Berries and Aged Mahogany to give the background a bit of contrast. I thought it resembled the beautiful background in Linda's tag. 


A few weeks ago I hung this awesome metal thingie that I have been saving for years and years on my art room wall.  I used tiny clothes pins to hang some of my favorite tags.  It has been a great source of inspiration throughout this 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style challenge!


My local friends and I each bought this spinner thingie and I hang their beautiful works on it.  What do you do with your tags? 


Next year, I aim to fill this little tag book I made.  Have you seen the tutorial?  Do check it out HERE.

Visit each of my 12 Tags of Christmas posts HERE.


Make sure to visit the challenge sponsor, The Funkie Junkie Boutique, where you'll find these and many other amazing craft supplies.



I'm sharing with:

29 comments:

scrappallino said...

OMG! This is a lovely way to end 12 Christmas tags! I love them both, of the first tag I love the colors, the crackling snowflake and the wonderful ribbon. Of the second tag .... no, no, no, I can not choose, I like it too much!
I sent all the tags to friends without thinking of photographing them all together, what a fool I!
Hugs
Stefi

Marjut said...

Beautiful tags.

kiwimeskreations said...

What amazingly textural tags Autumn - love them, they are both stunning!!
Blessings
Maxine
P.S. i love your 'thingy's' :-)

Mimi said...

What a terrific post, Autumn! Love both of these texture-rific tags! Your takes on Linda's inspiration are always original (and beautiful)! I adore your colors for Tag #11, as well as the mittens that you punched with the little snowflakes (clever!), and the background on Tag #12 has me wanting to get up and craft immediately (so inspiring!)... glad you had a Merry Christmas, and here's to 2018. Xo

Redanne said...

Your first tag really is a joy to behold Autumn, the gorgeous embossing in the background really makes the fabulous crackled snowflake and mittens stand out so beautifully! The golden embossing on the second tag certainly makes the tree look striking.

I tend to file all my tags away in a Tim binder in loose see thru pockets but I love your spinner thingy! Hugs, Anne xx

Redanne said...

PS - Forgot to say well done for completing all 12 tags at this busy time of year! xx

Lori Kobular said...

Oh Autumn your tags are so stunning!! I love them all! I have to try the crackle on a card or tag! I really love the green and blue color combination with that beautiful crackle snowflake and the adorable snowy mittens! Reminds me of going outside in the winter and coming in with snow covered mittens and frozen hands! Thanks for sharing all of them and your tutorial on the Fabric Covered Tag Book! Wishing you a very Happy and Healthy New Year!!

Helen Gullett said...

Autumn... they are super STUNNING!!! The texture, backgrounds, and layers are just amazing on each of the tag. Thank you for never stop inspiring!

Ellibelle said...

Such awesome tags Autumn. Loving them all, fabulous details and gorgeous colors! I neeeeeed that pistachio ink!!!

Astrid Maclean said...

Both tags look wonderful! Each so different and yet both perfectly put together with great composition!
Love your tag display also, they look fantastic all together like that.
I put my tags either in a tag book, or in one of Eileen Hull's journals, the book you get using it is the perfect size to fit # 8 tags. I also have the Tim Carousel, and display my Tim Holtz inspired tags on there.

Glad you had a great Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous set of tags, so much inspiration, texture and details, I just love them.
Lorraine

Susan said...

All your tags are amazing! I love that wall hanger. I gave one of those spinners and like to gang rags on it too. The tag book is a great idea too!

Sherrie K. said...

Holy smokes girl, your tags are GORGEOUS! So much texture and dimension...love, love them! The fun hanger is such a great way for you to display your beautiful work! I can't wait to see your tag book when done! Amazing work as always!
So glad you joined in the challenge at Scrapy Land!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year my friend!
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member

Becca Sadler said...

Moxie fab-ness at its moxiest!!!! Kudos on your creative brilliance to combine texture and layers to create grandiose art!!!!

Marty F said...

Your tags are gorgeous, Autumn! I love the simplicity, colors and textures on the mitten one (those mittens are too cute!). The background is awesome as is the background for the tree tag (beautiful!). Love your embossed tree, too. Great ideas for displaying tags! Congrats on a beautiful finish to the challenge. Hugs!

sarascloset said...

Holy smokes, Autumn! You ended this challenge with a bang! You have created two of the most festive and GORGEOUS tags! IF I were FORCED to choose my favorite it would be that mittens tag; the colors are out of this world amazing and the simple design tickles me pink! Love the snow! And on tag #2, I'm loving the embossing and your background is freaking incredible! Great idea to lay down that coat of crackle first! GENIUS, that's what you are! You have made my day so bright! Thank you for ALL of your incredible inspiration throughout the year(s)! You are an amazing artist! Cool way to display your tags; mine are thrown in a box if I keep them, but mostly they are given to friends and family. Have to check out that tag album tutorial. Sending great big hugs, my friend!

sarascloset said...

PS Of course, it goes without saying, I am so happy you made it to the finish line. Best of luck to YOU in the draw! Just put in a small end of year clearance order today; I am in FJB withdrawal. :)

Lucy said...

Very cool. You made all the tags! For the first time, I made 3, but next year will be better. I also really like the idea of a tag booklet - that's a great way to keep them. I always enjoy your projects.

Lou said...

Wow, love all your crackly textures and shimmery shiny bits! Your tags are gorgeous and I love seeing then all together. Well done for reaching no.12! Lou x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Stunning, Stunning, STUNNING.. I can think of no better way to describe all these lovelies. Thank you for sharing with us over at That's Crafty Autumn. I'm so looking forward to seeing what delights you bring to us in 2018..
Wishing you the happiest of years. BIG Hugs Tracey xx

Cheryl W. said...

Two beautiful tags with fabulous embellishments that really catch the eye. So much fun to read the process you used to create them, too. Thank you so much for joining our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

Anonymous said...

how beautiful lovely textures on all of them

Anonymous said...

how beautiful love all the textures on them

Lorraine said...

how beautiful love all the textures

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, Autumn, I am blown away. I don't even know what to say. I love both of these with all their amazing details. I especially love #12 with the beautiful red latticework and the beautiful gold emossed tree. Your ephemera piece with the ragged distressed edge is wonderful too. Thank you so much for playing along this year. You provided such beautiful eye candy for my blog visitors! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas season and wish you a Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Linda

Melissa L. said...

Gorgeous tags, Autumn. Your work is a joy to see. Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations TAGplorations December challenge. I hope that you'll come back and play in our January challenge.

Lisa :) said...

fabulous tags!! I was thinking of getting a shadowbox frame on clearance and using it to display my tags. I used to put them on a tree but they would get dusty and you can't really dust paper, it became problematic lol.

Tracy Freeman said...

Oh wow they are gorgeous ! I love all the little details and the crackle on the snowflake.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge x

TheOverthinkingCrafter said...

Love all the textures in these, just gorgeous! Well done and thanks for joining Lets craft and create. Tammy DT

Popular Posts