Oct 4, 2015

Tim Holtz October 2015 Ombre Altered Tag

tag 1
 I was so excited to play with my Distress Inks and make an ombre project this month!  I don't celebrate Halloween, so this will constitute as my Tim Holtz tag of October.  I did follow several of his processes.  I  inked my tag in sections in puddles of Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers, and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks.  Then I stamped the dots in each corresponding color.  The flower stamp is a favorite that I use to give "texture."
tag before
I added one of Tim's sentiment dies that I cut from "ink clean up paper" and some torn, dyed fabric and washi tape.
tag 2
 I stamped this pretty woman by Stampington to give contrast and stamped the die cut butterflies with the flower stamp.  I added a funky flower with a DIY Button Brad and some twine and charms.
tag 3
 Lastly, I added some faux stitching with an amazing BoBunny stamp set and some DIY tattered and torn ribbon.
tag 4
My tag is a bright and sunny make because it's been raining here for 10 days!!!  And I don't live in Seattle!  The hurricane is really doing a number.  I'm linkin up to SSS Monday for their Ombre challenge HERE, to Addicted to Stamps for their Butterfly challenge HERE and to Tim Holtz 12 Tags for October HERE.

12 comments:

Karren said...

This is fabulous! So many details and so much interest - beautiful job!

Juliz Design Post said...

A super tag, I absolutely adore all your ombré effect and background techniques.
Julie x

Michelle said...

Such a pretty mixed media tag! I especially love the flower. Lovely! Thank you for sharing your work with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Very cool take!!! LOVE the image you used and love the background!!! LOVE the word!!!

Linda Manning Findley said...

so fresh and yes I can see why you would do something so sunny ... stay dry and keep giving us great eye candy .....

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your tag with all its details and texture!
Thank You~

Connie Mercer said...

darling tag :)

Veerle said...

Great tag. Thank you for joining our challenge.
Veerle DT-ATSC

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is fantastic! Thanks for showing the steps, too.

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful tag Autumn, love the different layers, techniques and bright colors. Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

Unknown said...

What a lovely version of Tim's Oct tag - great textures with the flowers, twine and layerings!

Lagene said...

Beautiful tag! love seeing your pretty lady vs halloween.

Popular Posts