Oct 6, 2015

Stamped Purple Background Teen Card

card 1
 As promised, I'm back with my third Unity stamped background this week.  See my week 1 card HERE and week 2 card HERE.  I really wanted to use an inspirational sentiment, since it's my entry for Becca's Hop to Stop Domestic Violence, but I just couldn't pull it off, so after ripping off most of the elements on the card, and reinking the torn spots, I ended up going with a more modern style card, perfect for a teen birthday.
card 2
 I made this background by stamping the Lean on Me floral image repeatedly in Versamark ink and embossing with WOW! Atlantic Seaspray embossing powder.  I then dipped my panel in Salty Ocean, Seadless Preserve, and Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink puddles.  There are countless versions of this design you could create with different inks and EP's.
card 3
I hope you'll join tonight's Unity Inspiration Bloghop with me HERE and also create a special purple card for Becca Cruger's Hop to Stop Domestic Violence HERE.  Special thanks to Unity Stamp Co. for sponsoring both of these amazing events and to Becca for raising awareness for such a worthy cause.

23 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Autumn, this is so gorgeous...what a beautiful mix of colors and perfect bit of sparkle!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Quite a few techniques for the end result which is beautiful by the way, embossing looks great. I know I always have something in mind and then it's changed so many times...I have learned not to adhere to soon, but I too have patched up torn spots.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Beautiful card! I love your blend of colors and shapes! Just gorgeous!
Take care!
Michele

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

I scrolled up down up down many times to admire your stunning background Autumn! Such a beauty! Hugs xx

Lisa said...

LOVE! Gorgeous gorgeous background.....

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!

Becca Cruger said...

Oh my goooooosh - that background! I just wanna stare at it for a good long while (oh wait, I already did!) I love the sparkly goodness going on here, too. From the embossed background to that shimmery 15 - it's genius! Thank you for sharing your talent at The Hop to Stop!

https://seaviewscrapping.blogspot.com/ said...

I LOVE the background!!! Beautiful hues of purple!! A truly lovely card!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Beautiful background, it brings to mind as piece of textile.
Wishes
Lynne

Tiffani Trumble said...

wonderful color usage and the embossed in glitter flowers are incredible! thank you for sharing

Emily Lauritzen said...

Gorgeous card! The background colors are so bold and I love the metallic embossing over top! It adds the perfect bit of shine!
<3 Emily L.

Pam said...

Beautiful background, love the shiny embossing too!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love the twinkle of that gorgeous background!

Kris B said...

Love all the sparkle and shimmer! What girl doesn't love a little glitter! Great card!

Becca Yahrling said...

As soon as I saw your card, I thought of Becca's Hop to Stop. Awesome job. LOVE your background.

Patti Willey said...

Wow! What a gorgeous set of colors you chose for this background technique! Love your card!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous card.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a beautiful card for The Hop to Stop. Your purple beauty caught my eye and I stopped in to get a closer look. The background you made is gorgeous! Thank you for supporting this worthwhile and very serious issue.

Janis said...

Absolutely gorgeous background!!! I love this so much. Beautiful colors and fantastic shimmer!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

CAT LOVERS HOP coming Oct. 26-30 at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!!

ionabunny said...

That's a great background. Bright and beautiful. Hugz

Jerrie said...

Your background is amazing! What a beautiful card for the hop to stop!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Autumn, it's gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your hugs and prayers.
Hugs,
Em x

Susanne Vargas said...

Great background! With the glittery numbers it's perfect for a teenage girl!

Popular Posts