Oct 30, 2015

12 Tags of Christmas Snowy Night Altered Tag

tag 1

My week 4 tag for Linda's twelve tags of Christmas, inspired by her stamping the black trees on an Evergreen Bough Distress ink background.  The tree is by Paperbag Studios and has a frame around it, but I carefully inked each tree only and stamped repeatedly.  My mom has the best tree stamp for this, but I couldn't get over to borrow it.  :(  Anyway, this worked well.  I went back and added puff paint to each branch.  It is supposed to air dry, but yeah right!  Three hours later... NO!  I heat set it and it did alter the texture, but I still liked it for this application.

tag 2

The text is a Hero Arts stamp.  The music is Penny Black and stamped in Frayed Burlap.  At the bottom I tore a strip and used it as a mask to sponge rolling hills.  I ended up not wanting to throw away the mask with all the pretty ink on it, so I used it to emboss the sentiment over.  :)  Too bad I ended up covering the sponged rolling hills!

tag 3

To recreate the metallic elements from Linda's tag, I tore glittered sticker ribbon.  Then I drew stars on the backside of the scrap and cut them out free hand and adhered them randomly along the top of my tag.

tag 4

I love how Linda ties a bow and adds a charm - cute!  The Funkie Junkie Boutique has the perfect tree stamps and charms.  <3

tag 5

To see all of my tags in this series click HERE.  

I'm adding my tag to the 12 Tags of Christmas at The Funkie Junkie Blog HERE and to SSS for their Anything Goes challenge HERE.

card 1

Lastly, I made this card for the Verve VLV October Week 4 sketch challenge and am linking it up HERE, and to Winter Wonderland for their Anything Goes challenge HERE..  I had such a hard time with all these circles!  I almost didn't share it, but have challenged myself to enter a card for each VLV sketch.  Oye!  You guys, I am already listening to Christmas music!  Crazy, huh!  I'm usually a humbug!  Ha!

sketch

18 comments:

brenda said...

Lovely composition on your tag Autumn with the music score and texture on the trees.

B x

LauraVi said...

Beautiful colours, great take of Linda's tag, love the music sheet!

Words and Pictures said...

How gorgeous - I love your snowy trees and the lovely glowing greens. I definitely mean to play along with Linda's tags, but I find it hard to get in the Christmas mood before November at the earliest, so I always end up playing catch up!!
Alison x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Autumn, love your take on Linda's tag, love your snowy tree background, and the texture on the tree looks fab.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and the info about the challenge win.
Avril xx

Peanut said...

That tag is stunning, Autumn! LOVE the snow on the trees.
hugs, Asha

Martha said...

OH, what a lovely tag & card!
Beautifully done!

Lin said...

What a pleasing tag, Autumn! Love that beautiful shade of green, the little bit of music, and the beautiful bow! Your card is lovely, too! Thanks for sharing your creations with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

kiwimeskreations said...

What an amazing tag Autumn - love the texture of the puff paint on the trees - it makes them look really dramatic.
Your card is wonderful too - love how you have interpreted the sketch, and keep it almost monochrome.
Blessings
Maxine

Anita in France said...

What an awesome tag, Autumn ... such fabulous detailing! Stunning card ... crisp fresh, shimmery ... I can almost feel the frostiness! Anita :)

Ammaris Art said...

Your tag is so beautiful! I love the composition of trees and music notes, great idea! The card is also lovely :)

rachel said...

beautiful tag - I adore this! Lovely card too! Hugs rachel x

Yenni Natalia said...

oh dear! every tag you posted always fabulous! i love this so much and beautiful charm too. i wonder how do you hang it nicely. i have few charms but having trouble hanging it nicely :P

sally said...

This is just a beauty!

Sally

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, these are fabulous! I love that altered tag and the richness of the snowflake card is just incredible. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with VLV!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Absolutely gorgeous tag, Autumn! Love the color palette and your trees are just so pretty. So many clever details too - the hand cut stars blew me away and your sponged sentiment strip is a great detail. Your snowflake card is wonderful too!

So happy to have you playing along this year. I'm sorry it's taken me a month to get over to check out your lovely work!

Hugs,
Linda

sarascloset said...

Oooh! I missed this beauty, autumn! I love the green!!! Your trees are fabulous and love the snow on the branches! So pretty, and great touch to add the music! Love it! Thanks to you, I am busy working like one of Santa's elves in my Closet, trying to play catch up with the tags, in the form of cards! I did 4 tonight, partially. Taking a break from all the "hard work"! Ha! Ha! Love visiting your blog! Hugs!

sarascloset said...

PS Love those snowflakes...wait 'til you see what I've been up to! Two great minds think alike! Hugs!

Jane said...

I love it. You did a great job with the background colors - I think it is one of my new favorite greens (since mine had never been used...yikes). Very creative with the trees too.

Popular Posts