Oct 15, 2015

12 Tags of Christmas Poinsettia Tag

tag 1

Have you joined the Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas challenge yet?  I decided to try and catch up with the three tags I've missed and boy am I ever glad I did!!!  This is the most fun I've had in ages!  Each of my projects will be inspired by Linda Coughlin's beautiful tags.  I really loved Linda's stenciled poinsettia background, but don't have all of the materials.  If there is one thing I hope to relay to my readers it this:
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."  Theodore Roosevelt
So I pulled out my Penny Black poinsettia stamp and embossed it in gold to create a similar look.    Here's a peek at my other tags in progress.  I will be posting them tomorrow and the next day, so check back.  :)

backgrounds

I layered the TH doily on the edge die with the TH holly die, a scrunched MFT doily cut from a used coffee filter - love this!!! - a Stampington image, and purchased poinsettia.  I was going for elegant, so didn't make my own this time.

tag 2

I stamped a PB script stamp over the embossed poinsettias for extra texture.  This is one gorgeous stamp!

tag 3

The sentiment is a new stamp by I/O that I LOVE!  I stamped it in Cranberry Adirondack ink and did  my beloved wrap around.  I was thrilled that the sentiment was just the perfect size for my tag width.

tag 4

I decided on a simple gold ribbon knot for the top.  Each of my tags has a different topper.  To see all of my posts in this series click HERE.  To buy the amazing products Linda used on her poinsettia tag head on over to the Funkie Junkie Boutique HERE.  Happy shopping!

tag 5

I'm playing along with The Funkie Junkie for the 12 Tags of Christmas Tag 1 HERE, to Country View Crafts for their Add Some Texture challenge HERE, to Happy Little Stamper for their October Poinsettia challenge HERE, to Sparkles Christmas Challenge Distress It HERE, to Sweet Stampin' for their Script or Text challenge HERE, and to SSS Work it Wednesday Anything Goes HERE.

18 comments:

craftytrog said...

Hi Autumn! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog!
I really love your interpretation of Linda's first tag, that beautiful image & poinsettia!
Decided I must follow you, so I don't miss your other tags! ;-)
Alison xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

That's a fabulous Poinsettia and I love the gold embossing you've done on the tag! Just lovely! Have a great day! Hazel xx

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Beautiful tags. .love the bright color palette.

MaryH said...

Autumn, these are all just wonderful with the gold brightening up each one of these tags. Also loving the dimensional stars on the green and the pink-toned tag with the lines of gold trims - breath-taking! I really DO love the poinsettias embossed in the gleam of gold. So good to meet a fellow Upstate SCarolinian. And so happy that you joined in at HLS October's Christmas Challenge. We live close to Greenville...in what area are you? TFS & enjoy this lovely weather we've had all week. .

MaryH said...

PS..just became your newest follower, and hope you will visit me as well, perhaps become a follower if you like what you see :-)

Carol L said...

What a fabulous tag! I just love the gold embossing on the beautiful red background, and all of the detail work you put into this looks amazing!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Autumn, your tag is beautiful! I love the gold embossing and that fabulous sentiment makes it perfect for our challenge this week. Beautifully put together, love the lush red and gold. Thanks so much for playing along with the Sweet Stampin' girls for our 'Text or Script' challenge. Love to see you back again for our next challenge. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tag.... love the backround. All fits perfectly together. It's really fantistaic :-)

Thanks for playing along with our Sparkles Christmas Challenge for October and good luck!

Doris *GDT*

Paddington fan said...

Stunning tag - love the poinsettia background and the rich colours! Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin' this week and I hope you'll join us again soon, love Jacky x

Kath said...

A fabulous tag - lots of lovely detail. Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge.
Kath - GD

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Welcome, Autumn, to the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style! I'm delighted to have you playing along in m little challenge this year! Your first tag is sensational. I love the gold embossed poinsettia background and your reds are gorgeous! A lovely piece of work! Please don't forget to include a link to my shop as sponsor so you can qualify for the prize drawings at the end. Thanks so much for playing along!

Hugs,
Linda

Sandra H said...

This is just the cutest creation ever and just perfect for our challenge over at “ Sparkles Christmas Challenge " "Distress it” good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

Mrs.B said...

HI Autumn, This is a fabulous take on Linda's tag, the stamped gold poinsettia background is gorgeous and the sentiment is perfect with the image.
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.
Avril xx

gail said...

Fab creation, love the gold embossing on your background. Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.

Susan said...

So lovely! Beautiful background for the gorgeous poinsettia and holly spray! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

Sue said...

This is fabulous Autumn, full of rich colours and textures. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Country View Crafts, and have a good weekend. Sue xx

Ingrid said...

Your tags are FABULOUS! I love those backgrounds - stunning. :) :) And that Cranberry Ink - haven't seen that shade yet, more for my list! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers. :)

Jane said...

Beautiful entry. I love the colors you blended for your background.

Popular Posts