Jul 10, 2015

You Finally Have to Give Altered Tag

This altered tag features a favorite stamp, "You finally do have to give something terribly intimate and secret of yourself to the world and not care because you have to believe that what you have to say is important enough." by May Sarton.  I've been using this stamp for years and years.  I believe it's by Teesha Moore.  I bought it years ago in TX at a rubber stamping convention.
I stamped the sweet crowned pouty girl, by Paperbag Studios, and inked her with Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers and Rusty Hinge.  I added some Butterscotch Adirondack ink as well to create a flesh tone - this color cannot be beat!  I mounted her to a tag that I inked, painted with white Distress paint, and stamped with a chicken wire stamp and border by Basic Grey.  The arrow, ticket, and postage cancellation stamps are by 7Gypsies.
I distressed the edges of the sentiment and mounted it over a piece of burlap mesh that I had previously used as a stencil, and had some good paint layers on it.
I added a cluster of flowers, which I inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink after spritzing with water to create a more altered look.  I tucked in a bunched up scrap of lace and a vintage seam binding bow.
Overall, I was quite happy with how some of the inks blended into the background, yet other parts stayed crisp.
You've gotta love that face!
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you are inspired to put yourself out there for the world to know, vulnerabilities and all.  Art is all about the process of creating, not the creation.  

2 comments:

Linda Manning Findley said...

Autumn this is AWESOME ... love the little girl face and the saying, your color selection really pops ... great work

Nancy Briges said...

Love the beautiful tag and that adorable pouty little girl!

Popular Posts