Jul 20, 2015

Stampin Up Shape Card for Simon Says Stamp

shape card 1
 This week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is "Get in Shape" and use a shaped card other than square or rectangle.  This card was a bit of a challenge for me because the die I wanted to use ended up being too small for a card.  Then I found this Bind it All chipboard cover set by Teresa Collins and decided to use it as a template for my card.  I loved that the design was flat along the bottom, so the card could stand upright.  I love to display handmade cards!
shape card 2
 I used this Stampin Up! Botanicals set, circa 2002.  The book paper is a new stamp by Momenta, which I stamped in my brand new Fossilized Amber Distress Ink pad.  This color is AMAZING!!!  It matched the papers by Authentique perfectly.
shape card 3
 I used the Sizzix label die that I wanted to make my card from as a mat instead, and layered with a Martha Stewart punched border.
shape card 4
 I cut the card freehand from Kraft paper and stamped my new dots stamp, which I purchased on our vacation last week, in Fossilized Amber too.  I loved the simple background!  Love this dots stamp by Hampton Art.
shape card 5
 Finished the card with the sweet little bee and some twine.  Here you see the shape more clearly.
shape card 6
I'm linking up to the Simon Says Wednesday Get in Shape Challenge HERE.  Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Wow! I've been scrolling through admiring your cards. You have such a great vintage, eclectic aesthetic! I'm definitely going to add you to my list of followed blogs. Thanks for stopping by!

jenn shurkus said...

such a pretty card! I love the shape you chose :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

stampingbowd said...

Beautiful shape card!!! I love that you stamped your own background! Beautiful design!!!

Popular Posts